So here are my tacos....
Shrimp
Salt & Pepper (I use garlic salt)
Cumin
cilantro
Onion Powder
Garlic
1/4 Lemonade
1/4 OJ
Rum or Tequilla - I just poured some in.
Fresh Squeezed Lime 1 or 2
Butter
Cabbiage
Sour Cream
Avacado
Corn Torillas - Up to you on if you wanna fry or not.
1/4 warm water with a tablespoon of flour, arrowroot....something to thicken.
Ahead of time I mix the shrimp with all of the spices and garlic. (All spices are to taste but I would say 1 tsp of each) Also with the lemonade, OJ, booze, lime...all liquids. Let marinate like 15 - 30 mins.
First I toss the cabbiage in Sour Cream. Cut the avacado into thin slices.
Pour the shrimp and liquid into into a hot pan. Sautee until shrimp are done. Take shrimp out of pan but not liquid. Add thickener to your sauce. Simmer on low.
Add butter to your sauce and taste to see if you need any salt.
While that is simmering cut up your shrimp into 3 pieces. We found it too difficult to eat the shrimp whole in the taco.
Put your cabbiage mixture on bottom of taco shell, next add shrimp, spoon your pan sauce ontop of shrimp, then top with a couple slices of avacado. Squeeze lime on top if you want. Then eat, eat, eat!!! Cuz it's so stinkin good. Kevin even loved it and he doesn't care for shrimp that is not fried.
You could prob do the same thing with chicken or fish...I'm sure it would be just as yummy. Sean made like a pico to go on top. I'm sure it was a nice addition.
Shrimp
Salt & Pepper (I use garlic salt)
Cumin
cilantro
Onion Powder
Garlic
1/4 Lemonade
1/4 OJ
Rum or Tequilla - I just poured some in.
Fresh Squeezed Lime 1 or 2
Butter
Cabbiage
Sour Cream
Avacado
Corn Torillas - Up to you on if you wanna fry or not.
1/4 warm water with a tablespoon of flour, arrowroot....something to thicken.
Ahead of time I mix the shrimp with all of the spices and garlic. (All spices are to taste but I would say 1 tsp of each) Also with the lemonade, OJ, booze, lime...all liquids. Let marinate like 15 - 30 mins.
First I toss the cabbiage in Sour Cream. Cut the avacado into thin slices.
Pour the shrimp and liquid into into a hot pan. Sautee until shrimp are done. Take shrimp out of pan but not liquid. Add thickener to your sauce. Simmer on low.
Add butter to your sauce and taste to see if you need any salt.
While that is simmering cut up your shrimp into 3 pieces. We found it too difficult to eat the shrimp whole in the taco.
Put your cabbiage mixture on bottom of taco shell, next add shrimp, spoon your pan sauce ontop of shrimp, then top with a couple slices of avacado. Squeeze lime on top if you want. Then eat, eat, eat!!! Cuz it's so stinkin good. Kevin even loved it and he doesn't care for shrimp that is not fried.
You could prob do the same thing with chicken or fish...I'm sure it would be just as yummy. Sean made like a pico to go on top. I'm sure it was a nice addition.
Love, Amber
Ooh little tip on the tortillas that my uncle taught me. unless I am gonna fry my tacos I don't use oil. I get like a pie tin. Fill it with water then put the tortillas in the water. Make sure your pan is pretty hot. Then one by one heat the tortillas on the pan of a few seconds on each side. The pan is so hot that they will sizzle and it creates steam. So your kinda streaming them and it dries out the water. You know when to flip it when you look under and see the tortilla is not wet anymore. So you are left with a perfectly warmed corn tortilla that's ever so slightly crispy. Plus none of the greasy mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment